Pros & Cons of Stained Concrete Floors for Businesses
If you are a business owner, then you know that presentation matters – a lot. If you want to leave a wonderful, professional, and clean first impression, then we recommend stained concrete floors for your business. Full disclosure, Artistic Concrete Designs is a leader in stain concrete floor installations and service. However, we will be honest with you and share the pros and cons of stained concrete floors for your business. If you decide to upgrade your business’ floors to stained concrete or if you want to service your installed stained concrete, then call Artistic Concrete Designs for professional, competitively priced service. Our friendly staff are on standby to take your call.
About Stained Concrete Flooring
Stained concrete is an affordable alternative to luxurious flooring such as marble and hardwood. Staining permeates through the pores of concrete to add depths and dimensions that other flooring options cannot. Professional concrete staining can produce awe-inspiring results that mimic everything from marble and hardwood to natural phenomenon such as clouds and lava. The stained concrete also provides extra defense against stains, dirt, and spillage because the pores are filled. This means long-lasting flooring with lower maintenance.
Pros of Stained Concrete Flooring
- The Options Are Endless: Stained concrete provides aesthetics that no other flooring option can replicate. In fact, each stained concrete is unique. You can find a color or tone that best fits your business concept or environment. At Artistic Concrete Designs, you can totally customize your flooring with over 100 color and tone options.
- Improve Your Property Value: As we mentioned earlier, stained concrete can mimic the appearance of top-grade flooring options such as marble and hardwood. However, you will be receiving that aesthetic appeal at a discounted price because stained concrete is much more affordable than those luxury options.
- It Is Resilient: Our epoxy stains provide extra durability to your already durable concrete flooring. Professionally installed epoxy stained flooring, for example, can withstand up to 20,000 PSI! If you operate a warehouse, workshop, or factory that involves a lot of heavy equipment, stained concrete can save you from damaged floors.
- You Can Install Alternatives Over It: If you decide that the stained concrete flooring is not what you wanted, then don’t worry. Unlike some other flooring options, stained concrete will not affect your chance to switch to an alternative flooring option. You may have to make some repairs first if you have damage on the concrete, however.
Cons of Stained Concrete Flooring
- Lots of Labor Involved: Stained concrete flooring involves a lot of labor. Performing this installation on your own can be risky and give you results that you do not expect. Be sure to select a professional concrete company with years of experience and advanced equipment.
- Simple Stains Do Not Provide Performance: While advanced solutions such as epoxy coating provides added durability, simple acid staining does not provide improved performance. If you want to enhance the sturdiness of your flooring, then ask the representative about epoxy options.
Call the Professionals
If you want to learn more about acid staining, epoxy staining, or other staining options for your business’ flooring, then call the professionals at Artistic Concrete Designs. Our friendly representatives are always happy to help.